I always hoped when I started my business that I could seamlessly balance between work and home, but we all know that this is not so easy. I do have some vacation time, weeks off and personal time planned this summer to maximize our pool membership and visiting friends and family. Here is what I hope to do to make sure I have balance in my life this summer:
- Block of time in my Outlook calendar for personal appointments, trips, etc. to ensure that I actually do the things I hope to accomplish personally.
- Stay off the grid when I am on vacation and work with my virtual assistant to respond and categorize emails and messages to ensure a less chaotic entry back into real life upon return.
- Reduce off-hours work time (i.e. hours when my children are not in camp).
- Work outside to maximize the beautiful weather.
- Connect with my other colleagues for coffee to discuss our work and any new items coming up.
- Turn away or outsource work when it impacts #1-#5 above.
What are your summer plans? Hopefully, you will take some time to disconnect, enjoy time with loved ones and become mentally prepared for what lies ahead.