- Set your goals – What do you want to accomplish as a professional and/or organization? Can you articulate these goals? What are the steps you need to achieve these goals?
- Don’t be afraid to fail – It is ok to make mistakes, and this only gets you closer to your goal. Risk taking is part of being innovative and unique.
- Be boastful – Cherish your wins and accomplishments, and let others know about them as well.
- Be colorful – If other organizations have an annual gala, what will you do that’s different? What success stories showcase your clients’ progress? How can you engage others in a meaningful way that exemplifies your mission and passion?
- Don’t wait – The longer you procrastinate on making any changes, the longer you can talk yourself out of doing anything. There is a time and place for everything, but lingering on a good idea will not nourish growth.
Who else is in a New York state of mind?